We also found some more time today to play and improvise. I've seen once more how beneficial it is to offer this space to the performers (although perhaps even more importantly with puppeteers) to provide some control and creative license. But also as we actually came up with a couple of beautiful motifs that the director is now keen to use in the show. We also did some more aerial exploration - seeing what the potential is for creating the illusion that the elephant is picking her trainer by the trunk. An aerial specialist came in to help lead this section and it surprised me a little how easily and how much more smoothly this rehearsal was able to run with someone in the room who spoke the same language as the performer. Perhaps ultimately this is what is key when rehearsing/ creating a multidisciplinary show - something that is always important in my work with Indomitable Productions.
Why not read: